Saturday, August 11, 2007

Ode to Love

Good Evening Bloggers,
Following Fuzzy's lead, I am posting a poem that I wrote. I have only had two relationships. I wrote this poem after getting into my second relationship. Unfotunately the relationship is over now. Hopefully I will be able to add more to the poem when I meet that right "one"
Knowing Love
By: Tyson


You think you know love, but it doesn’t know you…
Love ignores idol claims to it and searches on through.
I finally met love, and at last it saw me…
It approved of my claim and allowed me to see.
I took love as mine and vowed never to release…
Love returned my promise and we were both at peace.
I thought love broke our vows, causing so much hurt and pain…
But love soon reminded me that it was not to blame.
Love was angered by my strikes against its power and its might…
It was determined not to let go without putting up a fight.
Love caused chaos between my mind body and heart…
We eventually came to a compromise and decided not to part.
The years to follow, love lay dormant in my heart…
Like an un-charged battery, with out enough power to re-start.
Just when I thought that my heart and my mind were stable…
You entered my life, equipped with a pair of jumper cables
You jumpstarted love and gave it a burst of vitality…
Stronger than before, more powerful than I ever imagined it could be
Every day with you is like nourishment for my mind and my heart…
Love feeds off of this food like a killer whale to a shark.
I renewed my vows with love. New promises we both made…
We said we’d give our all and never let the passion fade.
Me and love made this vow, we’ve done all we can do…
The rest of the equation is all left up to you.
Love said it knows you. Love says that you are true…
So lets combine my love plus your love and add me and you.
These ingredients create a recipe that sounds and tastes so sweet…
Love will bind us together so that will never meet defeat.
...And so it goes

6 comments:

lj said...

Nice.

bLaQ~n~MiLD said...

That was tight B. Good shyt!!

~Damit!

the~enigma said...

Def feeling the poem, but as you probably already know true love will make its way to you in due time. Remain patient and remain calm. I assure you that when that true love finds you it will have been worth the wait. Meanwhile, do you.

Jersey Brotha said...

Budding poet too huh? You're a man of many talents :)

ShawnQt said...

awww look at u!

*snaps*
*snaps*

Omar Ramon said...

i'm playin catch up here . very sincere poem boo...love is bitch...but bitches are attractive...